[Bioclusters] MPI environment

Per Jr. Greisen pgreisen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 11:44:34 EDT 2006

Hey,

I am new to clusters and hope that it is okay for me to pose a questions
here. I have tried to submit a program which should be executed parallel but
as I submit it - it only runs on one processor. First I used the
chm-parallel environment which is default at this cluster. Than I tried to
change the parallel environment to mpi and use mpirun but it gave me the
error-message that it couldnt find the mpi environment.

I have used the mpirun on the "helloworld.c"-program and when executed alone
it returns from the specified notes.

When I go to opt/sge - both the chm and mpi environment are there - how can
I enforce it to use the mpi environment? - Given the full-path and to which
file in the directory? (there is a startmpi.sh ?)

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Per