[Bioclusters] Optimized Opteron Blastall?

Christopher Dwan cdwan at bioteam.net
Tue Jun 20 11:40:48 EDT 2006

Due to the heat, I don't feel up to a full-on round of:

* download eval versions of various compilers (again)
* Tweak NCBI's build scripts and code to make the compilers work (again)
* Notice odd performance issues, post to public lists, get slammed
for not knowing that the --MAwful_Performance_On_Opteron flag
defaults to "true".

I was wondering if anyone else had gone through that routine
already.  Sounds like Joe has, so I'll be freeloading on his efforts.

-Chris Dwan