[Bioclusters] Authentication for clusters

Larry Adams ladams at platform.com
Tue Jun 27 09:04:56 EDT 2006

Luigi,

I have one customer investigating a Commercial product called Centrify at www.centrify.com.  It allows users to utilize Active Directory as the authentication model for all hosts without having to extend the Active Directory schema or setup intermediary password replication via another LDAP system.  It might be pricy from a Cluster server perspective.  I really don't know what your budget is and what would be defined as "expensive".

>From what I have been told, it utilizes the Unix/Linux Pluggable Authentication Model (PAM) in conjunction with a connector service to accommodate authentication and also provides Kerberos credential handling.  Since it leverages PAM, it should be pretty compatible with most Linux/Unix hosts.

Larry Adams
Systems Engineer
Platform Computing
direct: 586.510.0007
mobile: 586.899.1138
fax: 586.510.0246

www.platform.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This memo is confidential.  Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email, and delete this message.  The sender accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors and omissions, loss or damage from use, including damage from viruses.