[Bioclusters] MPI installation problem, pls help!!!

ying xu xuying_pro at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 05:09:37 EDT 2006

Hello:
    I installed mpich2 on a ubuntu 6.06 machine, then share the install directory with a FC5 machine by using NFS. These two machines were connected to each other directly by a cable. The ubuntu machine is connected to a router which connects to internet.

    My problem is that "when I 'mpdcheck -s' on ubuntu machine, "mpdcheck -c ubuntu-machine port " on FC5 succeed. But I can't do it reversely. I mean "when I 'mpdcheck -s' on FC5 machine, "mpdcheck -c fc5 port" failed with the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/xuying/mpich2-install/bin/mpdcheck", line 103, in ?    sock.connect((argv[argidx+1],int(argv[argidx+2])))  # note double parens
  File "<string>", line 1, in connect
socket.error: (113, 'No route to  host')

please help!