[Bioclusters] boston area: free half day storage seminar on the 19th in Waltham, MA

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Jul 11 12:05:09 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

For those if you in the Boston area next week -- an interesting half-
day overview of the next generation storage landscape is going to be
presented in the Waltham area on July 19th. The content of the talk
will be technical but the event itself is being sponsored by
commercial interests so there is a slight sales angle to all of this.

I know the CTO who gives these talks and trust the company he is with
-- they do nothing but specialize in complex vendor neutral storage
and backup deployments and I've often turned to them for insight on
what to pay attention to in the storage world (I tend to follow the
storage/backup markets since they represent my biggest "biocluster"
pain point and budget item!). He gives a couple of these lectures a
year and I usually try to attend when I'm in the area. High signal to
noise ratio with these folks and in fact this seminar is an updated
version of a presentation that was given at the USENIX technical
meeting in June.

I don't want to name the company or pass along the full event invite
to this list so as to keep this forum as non-commercial as possible.
I'll just attach the seminar description to the bottom of this mail.
Anyone who wants the full meeting details can just drop me a line at
"dag at sonsorol.org" and I'll pass along the info.  Unless my travel
plans change suddenly again I plan to be there.

Regards
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian  <dag at sonsorol.org>