Res: [Bioclusters] mpi BLAST installation problem

Daniel Xavier de Sousa danielucg at
Wed May 2 09:59:39 EDT 2007

Hi Sangamesh

I have had this error too. But not using the mpiBLAST,  just compiling NCBI for serial process.
In my case this error happened in FEDORA 6, when I changed to FEDORA 4 all work very well.
Then is lacking some library.
Just one idea.

*        Daniel Xavier de Sousa                    *
*        Mestrando em Informática - PUC-Rio        *
*        E-MAIL :       *
*        Fone   : +55 21 35271500 - 4543           *

----- Mensagem original ----
De: sangamesh chowdappanavar <sangameshbc7 at>
Para: Bioclusters at
Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 2 de Maio de 2007 3:42:16
Assunto: [Bioclusters] mpi BLAST installation problem

      I am getting the error in the installation of mpiBALST-1.4.0 and ncbi.  Patching of mpiBLAST with ncbi is ok. next step is > ncbi/make/makedis.csh.
 It is giving the error as follows:
Fatal error building NCBI core libraries.
Please be sure that you have X11 and Motif libraries installed.
The NCBI toolkit FAQ at may be helpful.

    I have referred all the installation guides, but still i am not getting. Please help me to proceed.

Bioclusters maillist  -  Bioclusters at

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger