[Bioclusters] cluster or SMP

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 4 13:01:22 EDT 2007

Speaking of diskless clusters, we actually netboot our Mac cluster
(we run Debian), but have a 500G drive installed on each node that we
can wipe at will  without affecting the OS. This has worked out well
for us. The netboot makes administration of the cluster nearly
completely painless, but we get the good performance of local I/O.

--bob