[Biococoa-dev] Base test

Peter Schols peter.schols at bio.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Aug 13 03:20:20 EDT 2004

Hi Koen and others,

This seems like a very good architecture to me.
The naming scheme makes sense as well, so maybe - as Alexander is
suggesting - we should try to agree on this one.
My only concern at this point is that a new object will be created for
every base. This might lead to performance problems with huge datasets
(e.g. entire genomes). On the other hand, the other Bio frameworks seem
to use a similar implementation so if it works in Java, it should
definitely work in Cocoa ;-)

peter