[Biococoa-dev] Base test

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Fri Aug 13 13:39:44 EDT 2004

I was aware of the foundation functions that take strings for arguments and
return selectors/classes.  Unfortunately, if we¹re going to use singletons,
we¹d need to call Class methods to create them, not instance methods, and
I¹m not aware of any mechanism for calling a selector on a Class.

One option that has occurred to me is to create a generic ³baseGenerator²,
which you could instantiate, and then call the selectors on in order to
generate all the classes.  Not ideal, but functional, and the implementation
would be hidden from the end users, so they¹d have to download the code in
order to discover how inelegant we are ;)

JT