[Biococoa-dev] Base test

Jim Balhoff james.balhoff at duke.edu
Fri Aug 13 15:30:45 EDT 2004

On Aug 13, 2004, at 3:22 PM, Jim Balhoff wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:
>
>>> A classes are objects, it seems like it would work.
>>
>> I'm not so sure about that, but probably you are right. Anyway, the
>> description says:
>>
>> objc_msgSend
>>
>> Sends a message with a simple return value to an instance of a class.
>>
>> So I'm afraid it doesn't work on the class itself. I couldn't get it
>> to work either, but perhaps I'm doing something else wrong here...
>>

> It works, try this:

<snip code>
Actually you can just send the performSelector: message to the class.
I wasn't sure if class objects conformed to the NSObject protocol, but
if you try sending the message [MyClass performSelector:message], you
get the same result as the objc_msgSend() stuff.

- Jim

James P. Balhoff
Dept. of Biology
Duke University