[Biococoa-dev] Nomenclature

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 18 20:19:52 EDT 2004

On Aug 18, 2004, at 9:41 AM, John Timmer wrote:

>> I guess not. Which methods are you talking about? We don't implement
>> the set methods do we, only the get ones. Perhaps I don't see the
>> point
>> your making here.
> Koen put them in the BCSymbol class, so the nucleotide classes would
> inherit
> them, which is why I overrode them.

The initWithName that I put in BCSymbol is for the singleletter code,
so I guess that can be changed to initWithSymbol. If we don't want to
use an accessor to set the symbol (I agree), you think this will work:

- (id)initWithSymbol:(unichar)aChar
     if ( self = [super init] )
	symbol = aChar;

     return self;