[Biococoa-dev] BCAminoAcid

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 27 23:30:03 EDT 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 7:35 PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Still need to implement the code for instantiating each amino acid.
> Unfortunately I haven't had much time lately, so this part of BioCocoa
> isn't working yet. Hopefully I get some inspiration this weekend to
> figure out how I want to do it. Tonight I am going to drink beer and
> try to get my new DSL modem to work :-p

Well, I ran out of beer, and our outside phoneline needs to be set up
for DSL (although Earthlink said is was). So instead I added the
singletons for all aminoacids. It still feels somehow cumbersome to me,
but I don't have an alternative right now so copied what John did for
the bases. BTW, John, I think this :

  adenosineRepresentation = [[BCNucleotideDNA alloc] initWithSymbol:
[@"A" characterAtIndex: 0]];

can be replaced by:

  adenosineRepresentation = [[BCNucleotideDNA alloc] initWithSymbol:
'A'];

save a couple of calculations :)