[Biococoa-dev] mass calculator bug

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Sun Aug 29 16:38:19 EDT 2004

> The use of tempDict is just basic error trapping.  If the file's
> corrupted,
> they key could be absent or malformed, so I check whether it's present
> and a
> valid NSDictionary before trying to use it.
>
> If we were being really careful, I'd have an "else" statement that
> threw an
> exception, but I can't really decide how best to define exceptions at
> this
> point.
>
> JT

This is the other example which triggered my safety vs speed email.
WE provide the basic plist, so it should work period. I can see two
reason why it couldn't. First, the download/installation went terribly
wrong, in case this probably isn't the only thing broken and everything
goes bananas. Second, the developer (or user) has tinkered/changed our
plist, which he obviously did wrong. Why then save his *ss? He should
simply repair/adjust the plist before shipping his app. I don't see a
reason for the error checking code. To black and white?

                       AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                       E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
                    Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

MacOS X: The power of UNIX with the simplicity of the Mac