[Biococoa-dev] first non-whitespace character

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Wed Dec 1 13:56:10 EST 2004

>> [NSCharacterSet alphanumericCharacterSet] as the set
>
> It took some trial and error, but eventually I came up with
> [[NSCharacterSet whitespaceCharacterSet] invertedSet].
I thought of that one as well, but I didn't know if the other one was
more cheaper and sufficient already...

> So in fact everything that's not whitespace. Another solution of
> course could be to use the union of all BCSymbolSets. However, not all
> have been filled in so far, so right now I cannot use that.

That depends of course if you're working with strings you need the
NSCharacterSets, if you are working with BCSymbols, the idea would be
to use a BCSymbolSet instead of going the string-way again. Anyway,
during file import it's the first I believe from your example...

                   AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

                             iRNAi, do you?