[Biococoa-dev] more ramblings

Alexander Griekspoor a.griekspoor at nki.nl
Fri Dec 3 20:52:15 EST 2004

Op 3-dec-04 om 23:25 heeft Alexander Griekspoor het volgende geschreven:

>> So is it safe to say that gap and undefined are actually just
>> BCSymbols, not AA or base? In that case we can move their
>> representations to BCSymbosl and make a general undefined/gap
>> symbolset.
>
> Guess so yes, as gaps are needed in both protein and nucleotide
> alignments for example...
> Alex

Oops, I just thought of one small problem, an undefined symbol has a
different letter assigned in the DNA (N) vs the protein world (*). Is
this indeed a problem or is the undefined symbol different from the
"every aminoacid/ every base" symbol?

                       AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                       E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
                    Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

MacOS X: The power of UNIX with the simplicity of the Mac

                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
	        AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

                  EnzymeX - To cut or not to cut