[Biococoa-dev] sequence wrappers

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 13 20:18:59 EST 2004

Hi,

How about the following change in our class structure to accomodate the
sequence wrapper nomenclature:

We create a new, bare sequence class, which only function is to
maintain an array of BCSymbols. A possible name is BCSimpleSequence or
BCSymbolList, or whatever. Part of the current code in BCSequence could
go in that class. Then we subclass that to BCSequence, which has
annotations and features. This is then subclassed to the current
subclasses. One advantage: no long ugly class names such as
BCSequenceProteinAnnotated, etc.

cheers,