[Biococoa-dev] sequence wrappers

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Tue Dec 14 10:33:52 EST 2004

In terms of design of this class, how will it differ from a regular
NSMutableArray?  The existing class isn't too much more complex than an
array other than in terms of the sequence-type specific code.  I'm not
trying to be argumentative, but more performance oriented.  If we're only
adding a couple of methods, there should be much less overhead to adding a
category to NSMutableArray (you wouldn't be calling methods through as many
objects to get to the actual sequence array).

That said, the idea of having annotations and features be a part of the
sequence specific subclasses allows some interesting possibilities, so I am
intrigued....

JT