[Biococoa-dev] BCSymbolSet problem

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 20:24:51 EST 2004

  Hi,

I am having some trouble getting to populate a BCSymbolSet. I am using
the code that was originally committed by Alex, and changed it so that
BCSymbolSet now is a subclass of NSMutableSet.  To populate a set, I
put some code into the dnaStrictSymbolSet and initwithString methods. I
also added two lines in the translation demo. You need to uncomment
them to debug the symbolset code. Everytime I reach the line addSymbol,
the program raises an exception.

I have no idea why this is happening, so if you see what I am doing
wrong, let me know!

There is another problem with the current approach. initWithString is
now hardcoded to create a BCNucleotideDNA, but what  if the method is
called for RNA or a protein? Not sure yet how to solve this. We might
need to take a different approach after all.

cheers,