[Biococoa-dev] BCCodon init question

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 11:40:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I was trying to figure out why the current translation demo is not
working (no protein is displayed in the right panel). So after some
debugging I found that both BCCodonDNA and BCCodonRNA call  self =
[super init] in their init method. However, the super init method
(BCCodon) always returns nil, so BCCodonDNA and BCCodonRNA always
return nil. I commented out the init method of BCCodon, and now indeed
I see a protein sequence in the right panel. Not sure if this is the
intended way to make this work, though. John, is their a particular
reason why BCCodon's init() always returns nil?

thanks,