[Biococoa-dev] Optimizations

Jim Balhoff james.balhoff at duke.edu
Tue Sep 7 17:18:15 EDT 2004

Hey guys,

I've just been lurking for a while, but I wanted to jump in with one
reason I thought of to avoid CoreFoundation - portability.  Currently,
the BioCocoa website advertises GNUstep compatibility.  The GNUstep
Foundation works quite well and so it's not too much trouble to stay
compatible with if you stick to the standard C and Foundation API.  But
if GNUstep is to be excluded, by all means optimize where needed.

I am hoping to jump into BioCocoa in 2 or 3 months, since it looks like
I'll be able to do lots more programming in a post-doc I'm trying to
get after I graduate.  Until then, I'll just keep listening.

- Jim