[Biococoa-dev] GNUStep Compatibility (was: [Biococoa-dev] Optimizations)

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Wed Sep 8 03:51:10 EDT 2004

Ha Peter,

Now we're starting to talk about the real thing, we need a PR person
;-) Again, for me the only reason to stay GNUStep compatible is a
marketing technical one. The question would be to John and Koen, how
much work would it be to either optimize without CF usage, or optimize
only on our platform (probably using compiler tricks to switch between
with or without optimization)?
I do have noticed indeed that without the "on-multiple-platform"
argument it's often hard to sell a Cocoa framework to the mass or get
articles/sponsorships...
Alex

Op 8-sep-04 om 9:18 heeft Peter Schols het volgende geschreven:

                   AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                  E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

               4Peaks - For Peaks, Four Peaks.