[Biococoa-dev] RNA vs. DNA

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Wed Sep 8 13:58:23 EDT 2004

Okay, simple question that's arising out of fear alone:

If I want to create the RNA equivalents of the symbol and sequence classes,
is there anything I'd need to do aside from a find and replace with
"uridine" for "thymidine" and "U" for "T"?  Are ambiguous bases also used
for RNA?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm gradually realizing that formalizing the
translation code would be easiest to do working with DNA and RNA in
parallel, and from the BioCocoa perspective, RNA doesn't exist at the
moment.  Figure I might as well fix that omission.

This mind intentionally left blank