[BioCocoa-dev] NEW VERSION

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 21 20:54:46 EDT 2004

On Sep 21, 2004, at 8:17 PM, John Timmer wrote:

> It was working on my machine, so to make sure it's okay I just did a
> clean
> checkout, and it seems to be there.  Building indicates that it
> generates
> 37K worth of code, so as far as I can tell, everything's okay.  I'm
> not sure
> what the problem is - you have any better luck since the mail?

Yep, now they're there. Strange. I do get some warnings, though:

BCToolTranslatorDNA.m:43: `BCCodon' may not respond to
`-matchesTriplet:'
BCToolTranslatorDNA.m:43: cannot find method `-matchesTriplet:'; return
type `id' assumed
BCToolTranslatorDNA.m:51: `BCCodon' may not respond to `+unmatched'
BCToolTranslatorDNA.m:51: cannot find method `+unmatched'; return type
`id' assumed

I think you can solve that by declaring these methods in BCCodon.h
instead of BCCodonDNA.h and BCCodonRNA.h. If a method is declared in a
class, than it is not necessary to declare it again in all it's
subclasses.