[Biococoa-dev] More on CoreData

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 20:34:48 EDT 2005

Hi,

I read the article, and it looks like a cool new feature to me. Not
sure yet how useful it will be to BioCocoa. I think it will be more
beneficial for developers who use BioCocoa for their own app and want
to save datastructures. Although we do have IO classes, they are bound
by the various sequence formats that are available. Other than taking
over the accessors right now I don't see much more advantages. Of
course, I don't have a seed, so you guys who have Tiger previews might
know more about this than I do ;-)

However, if we decide to implement it, which is fine with me, than we
should try to find a way that we at least keep supporting 10.3.x. The
jump from 10.2.8 to 10.4 seems alittle bit too big. Also as you said,
there will be ampel discussion in the cocoadev mailing lists on how to
use existing datastructures with an NSManagedObject. I would say let's
wait what comes out of that after the Tiger has been released.

cheers,

- Koen.