[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceFactory removed

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 17:00:21 EST 2005

On Feb 12, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Charles PARNOT wrote:

> In several subclasses, the designated initalizer
> 'initWithString:skippingUnknownSymbols:' was not calling the
> designated initializer of the superclass (the same method), but
> instead the 'init' method of the superclass. Because the latter does
> call the designated initializer (of course), an infinite loop was
> generated. All my fault. Nasty bug.

Excellent job. So, is the whole transformation to the class cluster
done, or are there still things that do not work? Maybe we can start to
add convenience methods for the BCTools classes? Should they go into
the appropriate subclasses, or only in BCAbstractSequence?

Next I guess is the annotation class, and then adding more code to the
reader/writer classes.