CoreDate (was: [Biococoa-dev] WWDC2005)

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Fri Feb 18 11:45:51 EST 2005

> BTW, I have been looking the day before yesterday at how/if we could have unit
> tests implemented in parallel to the framework. I was following John's steps
> (I think) and what he implemented in the translation example. I alredy wrote
> some code using OCUnit, and it looks like something we could really use and is
> very easy to implement. Particularly with future development and the intense
> refactoring and feature addition that are going to happen ;-)   I will make it
> available to you the code so far so you can look and tell me what you think

Any resemblance between what I did and reasonable unit testing was purely
coincidental.  I just get nervous about writing too much code without
checking whether it works.  That said, I'm quite interested in learning good
practices like this.  Is there a good resource online to read up on the
principles and practices of unit testing?  One that's appropriate for
someone with about 5 minutes of free time on my average day?

Cheers,

JT