[Biococoa-dev] Annotation

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 19 07:07:59 EST 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 11:50 PM, Charles PARNOT wrote:

> The real question is what can be an annotation? It seems that for most
> databases and sequence file formats, a key-value design is very
> appropriate, right?

Correct. However, almost every file format uses a different string for
the 'key'. For instance for SwissProt, the key for the sequence is 'SQ'
while for PDB it is 'SEQRES'.  So should we just use what each file
format uses, or should we try to make them all the same. Especially
when writing a format, we need a good way to convert from one key to
another. Anyone has an idea how to do this?

cheers,