[Biococoa-dev] Annotation

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 06:24:24 EST 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 1:42 AM, Charles PARNOT wrote:

> I do think the NSMutableDictionary is very appropriate for
> annotations. Regarding the current implementation, it looks good to
> me. My only comment is I don't think we need a 'setAnnotations:'
> method. This is a bit dangerous, particularly with a mutable
> dictionary as argument. Instead, methods 'removeAnnotationWithKey:',
> 'removeAllAnnotations' and 'addAnnotationsFromDictionary:' will do the
> job.

Good point, I will comment out the method.

> BTW, I corrected some of the code because I needed the compiled
> framework for the testing unit thing and there was a compiler error.

Charles, somehow the changes you make are not picked up by my project.
I see that files are updated in the SCM window, but the changes don't
show up the source code. So far this only happens when the code changes
are form Charles, I haven't seen it before. I checkedout a complete new
project, but the problem remains. Anyone else has the same problem, and
maybe knows how to fix it?

> Also, Koen, I have one question about the symbolSet: it seems that all
> instances of one sequence type use the same symbol set. Is that right?

No, each sequence should have it's own symbolset, just like each
sequence has its own symbolArray.