[Biococoa-dev] Alignment & HMM Support in Biococoa

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Tue Feb 22 15:23:08 EST 2005

> Incidentally, I recently wound up building OS-X versions of Muscle and
> ClustalW.  Now that our sequence object is stabilizing a bit, I was
> wondering if people thought it might be worth some effort trying to
> write a
> generic wrapper that could feed our sequences to command line apps and
> get a
> result back?  This would potentially help us provide a layer of
> abstraction
> to a large number of Unix tools.
Do I understand you correctly that you want to generate a general
NSTaskController that does the following:
BCSequence -> NSString -> Run Task with arguments -> parse output ->
BCSequence or other objects?

> The reason this comes to mind is that I'm finding that a lot of these
> things
> only take input in a limited number of formats, and we've already got
> format
> conversion code in place....
The real question is how you can make the thing multipurpose instead of
having tens of different controllers for very specific tasks... But you
must have something in mind right?
Alex

                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
	        AIM: mekentosj at mac.com