[Biococoa-dev] Subclass organization

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 22 21:57:45 EST 2005

On Feb 22, 2005, at 9:45 PM, John Timmer wrote:

> Quick question:  in order to set things up to provide method calls
> appropriate for sequence types, I was going to put in a
> BCSequenceNucleotide.  I've since realized that to make any sense out
> of the
> method signatures, I'm going to need to make a BCSymbolNucleotide.  Any
> objections to this?  In the end, it looks like it's going to be an
> abstract
> class with most of the possible methods there.

John,

I am not sure if I understand why we need a BCSequenceNucleotide (and
BCSymbolNucleotide) class. There are only a few methods in both
subclasses, so right now I don't see the need for an additional layer
that takes care of those methods. Maybe you can refresh my memory?

thanks,

- Koen.

PS, what probably needs some more thoughts is to create a similar
structure for the BCSymbol classes that we have just introduced for the
BCSequence classes.