Archiving annotations (was: [Biococoa-dev] Annotation)

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Wed Feb 23 11:43:02 EST 2005

> This scheme to save objects to disk is perfect. I like the additional
> BOOL 'shouldArchive'.
This should perhaps be integrated with John's proposal on the three
archiving options, more on this later...

> I actually also liked the additional fiels 'creator' and
> 'creationDate' (or something like this?)
Yes, I think it would be nice to automatically set the creation /
modified date on all annotations, plus the author (which is something
the end-developer is responsible for). Also, the same holds true for
the sequence object itself, which can be done in two ways. Or upon
creation of the sequence object, automatically annotation objects are
added  (created, modified, author, version (?)). Or we have these
general fields as normal properties in the sequence file (using
accessors). Whichever you prefer. This can all be added in the
annotation category part of the abstractsequence of course.

Cheers,

                    AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                    E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
                Web: http://www.mekentosj.com