[Biococoa-dev] Upgrading to native targets

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 25 02:21:16 EST 2005

 From Apple's docs:
"Cross-development in Xcode requires native targets. For more
information on how to upgrade existing Jam-based targets to use the
native build system, see "Converting a Project Builder Target"."

I ran into this problem when trying to add the test framework, which
requires to use OS X.3 deployement target. Upgrading to native target
is then needed because old targets do not support different Mac OS X
version deployment, which also require to set the SDK at the level of
the project. I am not sure I understand all the details yet, but
upgrading to a native target seems inevitable. Note that it does not
prevent the development of X.2.8-compatible targets.

However, native targets require Xcode. Is everybody using Xcode and
can we switch the framework to a native target? Anyway, it seems that
we have decided to define a new target BCFoundation.framework to
replace BioCocoa.framework. And with all these new targets coming,
and potentially different Mac OS X version deployment, the time has
come to force everybody to use Xcode, what do you think?

Now that I think about it, I can't see why somebody would not be
using Xcode yet and would still be on Project Builder, so it is
probably no big deal. Just want to check.

charles

--
Help science go fast forward:
http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~cparnot/xgrid-stanford/