[Biococoa-dev] Update

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 07:27:19 EST 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 7:23 PM, John Timmer wrote:

> I can't guarantee everything's working properly, but the translation
> demo
> doesn't crash (though it produces a very short peptide, so it may not
> be
> working perfectly).

Thanks for committing the code, John. A few initial comments:

- BCNucleotide should call it's super method in
initializeComplementRelationships, otherwise the 'represents' etc never
gets set up.
- should BCNucleotide have a copyWithZone method?
- in the Complement tool, maybe you should check if the sequence is DNA
or RNA, instead of protein? Later on we might have other sequence types
(carbohydrates, for instance).