[Biococoa-dev] Target upgraded

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Mon Feb 28 04:08:14 EST 2005

BCUtilCGI is a class from John which allows you to perform CGI commands
on a server if I remember correctly.
Anyway, the stringByReplacingPercentEscapesUsingEncoding method
replaces all non-URL characters to escaped counterparts (i.e. spaces to
%20). It's a corefoundation method which received a Cocoa wrapper
method in 10.3.
Because all my apps are still 10.2 compatible, I still use the CF
function. If you add the following to the NSString-Extensions in
BCUtilStrings and change the method in BCUtilCGI accordingly, we should
get rid of the warning...
Alex

- (NSString*) stringByAddingURLEscapesUsingEncoding:
(CFStringEncodings) enc
{
     NSString* str2 = (id) CFURLCreateStringByAddingPercentEscapes(NULL,
(CFStringRef)self,
                                                                   NULL,
NULL, enc);
     if( str2 == self )
         [self release];		// CF just bumped its refcount
     else
         [str2 autorelease];
     return str2;
}