[Biococoa-dev] (no subject)

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Sat Jan 8 07:57:26 EST 2005

> BTW, the reason that BioJava uses immutable sequences is: " It is
> worth noting that many BioJava implementations of Sequence and
> SymbolList do not allow edit operations as this may invalidate
> underlying Features or Annotations." That's indeed something to keep
> in the back of our minds.

And that scares me actually, because we all know it should be possible
to keep annotations in sync: the attributed string. Apple managed to
solve exactly this problem, so we should be able to come up with a way
to have annotations in a mutable sequence class, instead of this lousy
excuse ;-)
Cheers,

                  AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

    The requirements said: Windows 2000 or better.
    So I got a Macintosh.