[Biococoa-dev] New Structure for BioCocoa

Philipp Seibel biococoa at bioworxx.com
Sat Jul 2 11:45:54 EDT 2005

Hi all,

i want to start the discussion on the mailinglist, we allready
started at the wwdc.
In my point of view the BioCocoa project needs to get a modular and
flexible structure. The attached pdf shows my suggestion of the
possible new structure.
The next thing we have to discuss is the implementation of the
datastructures in the BCFoundation framework. Our wwdc-discussion
lead to a new string based sequence structure.
I think we should spend quite some time to plan the future structure
of BioCocoa and stop implementation until the new structure is
decided. We all want a 1.0 version of the framework and there are at
least two persons from the wwdc, who want to use BioCocoa in their
projects, so we should go for it. :-) (i should teach professional
motivation practices :-)).

The discussion is open .......

BTW: I allready startet the BCParser.framework mentioned in the
attached document. I think of a very flexible highlevel parser
framework with event driven parsers like NSXMLParser.
This allows easy implementation of various file formats for different
datastructures. Not everybody is satisfied with a biococa sequence
and wants to have his own structure, the parser api allows to parse
the files into any datastructure, and of course also into our future
BCFoundation structures. The api is based on the c++ boost-spirit
parser apis and is developed as objective-c++ framework, without any
dynamic linking dependancies. Just tell me what you think about it ....

cheers,

Phil