Fwd: [Biococoa-dev] New Structure for BioCocoa

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 00:36:28 EDT 2005

On Jul 2, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> First quick reaction:  WTF - is this going to throw away all our
> efforts up until now? Should I stop adding stuff to the framework
> until the new structure is in place?

Actually, the changes will not be that big. The whole BCSymbolSet
concept will work really well with that structure. TO the outside,
the classes will still expose mostly objects.

> Second reaction: using an internal string does make a lot of sense,
> especially because a lot of manipulations can be done much easier.
> It probably makes it also easier to read/write text files, from
> databases and xml.

And also integration with CoreData will be smoother. The string
attribute will do.

> Now I need some time to really think about the new development
> ideas. Are there more surprises from wwdc?

I tried to list all the things we talked about! Maybe I forgot
something???

--
Xgrid-at-Stanford
Help science move fast forward: