Subject: [Biococoa-dev] New Structure for BioCocoa part II

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Mon Jul 4 05:13:50 EDT 2005

>> Thanks for keeping BioCocoa going Koen, great job! Again, I'm
>> sorry to not have jumped in earlier, and I hope you don't have the
>> feeling to be let outside of everything, all the above is not a
>> definitive thing at all. Looking forward to everyone's reaction!
>>

> Not left outside, but a little bit shocked, I was actually :)  But
> these new developments certainly seem to be a good step forwards.
> Hopefully this will be the final re-design!

Well, I hope it will be, but it would be foolish to say that it
is ;-) At least we all agree it makes sense. Which brings me to one
more discussion. Unfortunately, that definitely requires John to be
there (John are you listening? ;-) We had the discussion a few times
and I again think it's time to revive it once more: The typed vs
untyped sequence. The reason for the hybrid class cluster /
superclass structure we have now. I was always in favor of the
latter, but I did see that this way it's to confusing to us and
certainly to new users. I've said that I would like to see it
disappear. So, if that means that I have to adjust my opinion, and
also that I have to do more error checking in my code instead of the
framework, then that is what I have to do. Again, I want to see
John's opinion on this first, but  in return for simplicity shall we
then indeed implement things first using the one BCSequence type does
it all method and see how well it works? What do you guys think?

Alex

> ps any chance you can post/mail the wwdc presentation?
Peter, can you arrange that? I only have the two halves, I can put
them on our website if you send it to me...

                  AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

    The requirements said: Windows 2000 or better.
    So I got a Macintosh.