[Biococoa-dev] Using an untyped class sequence

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Wed Jul 6 04:41:18 EDT 2005

I don't have any objection against tool classes, but I have a lot of
problems with the way things got out of hand in BioJava, there you
can't do ANYTHING without tools. So names aside, I don't get what pI
and digest do in 1 protein tool object. I plea to do very
simplethings like MW and pI inside BCSequence where ever possible,
and use specialized tools like a BCTranslatorTool and BCDigesterTool
instead of one Proteintool and one DNAtool that bundle a lot of non-
related stuff...
Alex

                     AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                     E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
                 Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

Windows is a 32-bit patch to a 16-bit shell for an 8-bit
operating system, written for a 4-bit processor by a 2-
bit company without 1 bit of sense.