[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceRecord

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 9 00:38:04 EDT 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 12:25 AM, Charles Parnot wrote:

> You are suggesting to add yet another hierarchy of classes, 6 total
> ??!?? ;-)

Nooooooo !!!!!!  :D

> Anyway, we already had that discussion and the bottom line was: the
> annotations would be just one ivar = 4 bytes when nil, slightly more
> when empty dictionary, which is anyway very small compared to the
> sequence array of char.

I am suggesting to keep the annotations outside the BCSequence class.
BCSequence is only a sequence of symbols nothing more, nothing less.
BCSequenceRecord (only one class, no subclasses) is basically a
dictionary with all the key-value pairs from a IO file and has-a
BCSequence. in one of the key-value pairs.