[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceRecord

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 9 08:02:46 EDT 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 2:40 AM, Charles Parnot wrote:

> But, still, your initial argument seems to be that BCSequence should
> remain a light object, hence no annotations. However, an additional
> ivar for the annotations will not make it heavier if it is set to nil.

What I want to avoid is that when a large datafile is read (eg pdb or
swissprot) not all the metadata is stuffed in to the annotations,
making the sequence object heavy.  However, sequence specific
information such as C=C bonds, PTM, probably should be in the sequence
object. Or would they then be called features?

cheers,