[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceRecord

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Sun Jul 10 04:16:48 EDT 2005

On 10-jul-2005, at 2:16, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> I like the NSData approach. So if we go for NSMutableData, we will
> have mutable sequences, correct? Are we aso going to add immutable
> sequences?

Here I am not sure, John had clear opinions in the past about this as
far as I can recall. The "problem" is in the subclasses design.
Ideally a mutable sequence object would be either a subclass of the
immutable one which adds the editing possibilities, or we do
something alike NSString vs NSMutableString class cluster approach
(of which I don't know much, but I believe Charles or Phil can tell
more.). Anyway, I would have no problem to make the public method
return an NSData but the private property be an NSMutableData, also
for the immutable sequence. But if there is a way to have the
immutable bcsequence have an NSData property and the mutable version
have an NSMutableData then that would be more elegant obviously...
Cheers,

                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
             AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com