[Biococoa-dev] Moving on

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:40:25 EDT 2005

On Jul 10, 2005, at 5:35 PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2005, at 8:21 PM, Charles Parnot wrote:
>

>> Anyway, can you explain again the rationale to have a superclass
>> for both BCSymbol and BCSequence? I know you already did explain
>> it but I can't find the email.
>>

> See here:
>
> http://bioinformatics.org/pipermail/biococoa-dev/2005-June/001355.html
>
> I have reattached the UML files too.
>
> cheers,
>
> - Koen.

Thanks!
Yes, this is what I rememebered. What I did not understand in your
email today is why BCStructureObject was also the superclass for
sequence. It make sense to have atomes, residues, symbol,
functionalGroup,... be all in the same class tree.  But the sequence
does not seem to belong there. Is it just because of the name ivar?

charles

--
Xgrid-at-Stanford
Help science move fast forward: