[Biococoa-dev] Moving on

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jul 10 21:18:21 EDT 2005

>> What I spent more time in was to clean the init methods, make it
>> simpler and more consistent, and define one designated initializer, so
>> that any modifications that affect all classes is in just one place.
>> We will see what John has to say about that after he is done!! Anyway,
>> like I said in another email, we will have to define a different
>> dsignated initializer.
>>

> If you can get that to work, that would be great.  In that case it
> might be not so difficult to add a mutable/immutable version too.

Well, I'll tell you what I have to say before I'm done ;).  I was thinking
about this one the way home, and I like the idea of two different
initializers, say  initMutableSequence and initSequence.  We could have our
internal data ivar be untyped, and simply make it mutable data or immutable
data in the init method, and set an isMutable BOOL ivar.  All the work gets
done in the init method, and we don't have to add any new classes.

Does this make sense, or is this dangerous in some other way?

JT

PS - incidentally, how are we handling Xcode 2.1 and the .xcodeproj file
format?