[Biococoa-dev] updated project in cvs
Koen van der Drift
kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 23:19:23 EDT 2005
I took the plunge and have committed a lot of changes to the project.
These changes now incorporate:
1. The addition of NSData to hold the sequenceData
2. Merging of BCSequence and BCAbstractSequence and removal of
The new way to create a sequence is:
BCSequence *mySequence = [[BCSequence alloc] initWithString:
@"ELVISLIVES" symbolSet: [BCSymbolSet proteinSymbolSet]];
The project compiles, with a few warnings, and the examples seem to
work. There are of course still some parts that need attention. The
most important are:
1. Start using the NSData in more places to replace the symbolArray.
A good example is the translation code, but also in other sections.
BCSequenceCodon is still in the project.
2. Implement the "type-guessing" code in BCSequence. See my notes in
initWithString in BCSymbol. For now the examples use fasta files, and
the code cannot yet see if it is a protein or dna. Make sure to un-
comment the correct symbolSet in readFastaFile.
3. Implementation of a mutable sequence class
4. Update the documentation
5. Update the Test code
More information about the Biococoa-dev