[Biococoa-dev] updated project in cvs

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 22 17:49:30 EDT 2005

On Jul 22, 2005, at 1:41 AM, Charles Parnot wrote:

> You should then instead use stringWithBytes:length:encoding

That method doesn't exist in Cocoa. However, initWithBytes does, and
that seems to work. Thanks for pointing that out. I actually added a
category method for stringWithBytes to BCStringUtils, but the
compiler doesn't see it, so I added the initWithBytes directly in the
code.  I also discovered the dataUsingEncoding method which directly
converts an NSString to an NSData object.

Anyway, everything seems to be working (I cross my fingers!). The
NSData and sequence type guessing code probably needs some clean up
and optimization, but I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader ;-)

cheers,