[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceView

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 1 20:47:45 EST 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 8:12 PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> The NSLayoutManager is for this case way too complicated. The problem
> is not drawing the line/symbol numbers, but the interaction with the
> controller. In my own app, I have solved it by using delegate methods,
> but sofar was trying to make BCSequenceView stand alone. But probably
> it wont hurt if I make it part of a MVC pattern. It is up to the user
> to call the correct methods to make it work with a controller. Just
> like we have to do when we eg implement an NSTable.

So, I made theController.m in the translation example a delegate of
BCSequenceView. I think it is a good solution, because this is also
what should happen in a 'real' app. The demo also looks better now, and
editing works ... almost. What goes wrong is that after each time I
edit the sequence manually in the view, the cursor jumps to the end. I
have no clue how to fix this.

Also, I am adding headerdoc info to BCSequenceView. Almost all methods
are only supposed to be used by the view itself. Should I still make an
entry for those?