[Biococoa-dev] More on BCSymbolSets

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Thu Mar 3 22:07:23 EST 2005

>> I agree that symbolSets will be different for each instance. But the
>> sequenceType, if we keep it in addition of the symbolSet (for the
>> reason above), then it will be always the same for all instances of a
>> class.
>> Regarding the naming conventions, BCSequenceDNA for the class,
>> BCDNASequence for the type, it is indeed quite confusing; how about
>> BCSequenceTypeDNA et al.?
> *If* we decide to keep it, that would indeed be better, yes.

Renaming it's fine, but we HAVE to keep it.  There are going to be literally
dozens of symbol sets, plus the potential for user-generated sets, and I
would not want to loop through all the possibilities just to find out
whether a sequence could be translated or complemented.

This mind intentionally left blank