[Biococoa-dev] can't compile framework

Philipp Seibel biococoa at bioworxx.com
Tue Mar 8 15:07:54 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

i just checked out the latest version and tried to compile the project,
but it didn't work. Very strange problem:

BioCocoa_Prefix.h:6:38: Foundation/Foundation.h: No such file or
directory
BioCocoa_Prefix.h:7:30: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory

I think it has something to do with the new framework setting. I'm not
very familiar with framework settings in cocoa, so perhaps anyone can
help me. please :-)

NEXT

I want to start with the BCAlignment stuff and there are many things to
discuss:

1. what exactly do we want an BCAlignment to be ?
	A slim Datastructure for different Alignment algorithms
	Or a comfortable datastructure, which is perhaps not very useful for
programs concentrating on performance

2. We need a BCMatrix (protocol or class) for substitution matrices
3. A protocol for alignment generating algorithms
4..
5.. :-) i think it's enough for now

I'd like to know what you think about it and what you want to do with
alignments in your application

@Charles:

I'm interested in XGrid programming, do you know where i can find the
api docs for the new XGridFoundation framework ?
I looked in my software seed section in ADC but didn't find it. In my
tiger distribution is just a demo app and the framework itself, but no
documentation.

Do you know where to find the documentation ?

Thx

Philipp Seibel

Lehrstuhl für Bioinformatik
Biozentrum, Am Hubland