[Biococoa-dev] BCSymbolSet

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 10 16:37:57 EST 2005

At 21:55 +0100 3/10/05, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:
>Oh, sorry, I missed parts of the symbolset discussion, but I thought I remember having read a strong advocacy (John ?) for a non-mutable symbolset...
>Never mind...

sorry, very short:

* the user should not be able to modify a prebuilt symbol set   [John (and me agree)]
* One should not be able to change the symbolSet of a sequence, that would be disastrous [me]
* all the arguments that usually apply in the mutable vs immutable design, with the added fact that symbol sets are small and thus easy to copy [me; also applies to sequences]

Help science go fast forward:

Charles Parnot
charles.parnot at stanford.edu

Room  B157 in Beckman Center